CHRISTIAN MISSION FOSTER - HOMES FOR ORPHANS SIERRA LEONE
Motto: Caring for orphans
Christian Mission Foster Homes for Orphans (CMFO) is a non-governmental, non - political and non - profit making venture set up purposely to help in alleviating the suffering of war - affected children such as orphans, abandoned and distressed street children, and children of both Lunatic & amputated parents.
"CMFO" was founded on the 5th of April 1999 as a result of the carnage and mayhem perpetrated against poor and innocent children in January 6, 1999. This date was recorded for its horrible events just as September 11, 2001 in America.
THE STATE OF WAR,-AFFECTED CHILDREN IN SIERRA LEONE
In Sierra Leone, the ten (10) years bloody civil war has left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned, handicapped, unaccompanied, displaced or in refugees. Many of these children are on the streets been used as sex trade and victims of various forms of abuse to earn their living.
Child abuse has reached epidemic proportions in our country. During the war, many of these children were adopted and giving drugs and used as child soldiers. The war is now over but suffering continues for these children and special preference to girls. Most of our children are not going to school.
They are living in poor health conditions because of lack of adequate food, no good clothing and poor shelter. Their parents or guardians cannot afford the amount of money needed to pay school fees. They are either unemployed or too old to work.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. We solicit both material and financial support to meet the needs of the war-affected children living in foster homes within communities in the eastern of Freetown.
2. Displaying photographs of children and youths between the ages of five (5) and twenty (20) for sponsorship purposes. The fund will be use to pay school fees, buy uniforms, school supplies, food for inmates and their families, medical assistance, income generation for sustenance of foster homes until an adoptive house can be found (ORPHANAGE CENTER).
3. We act as advocate for the promotion and protection of children's rights through sensitising, monitoring and reporting cases of child abuse.
4. We embark on educational, philanthropic or other activities with a Christian view point.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPONSOR?
q You will definitely touch the life of a child from the poorest of the poor in a war torn country.
q You offer a child the opportunity to go to school and be prepared for his or her future facilities: daily assurance of food, good clothing, school supplies such as, uniforms, shoes, sockets and sweaters, books, school bags, lunch and transport fare to and from school etc
q You offer your children medical facilities.
q You will start and establish a loving relationship with the children through which you will receive letters directly from your children.
q Your children will be told about God's love and having enjoyed that love, they will end-up loving others.
q You will establish a "LOVE- LINK" with a child that will enrich your own life and family when you receive letters in English and as you read the reports and see the picture(s) of your children, then you will know that you are making a difference.
HOW TO BECOME A SPONSOR
This is very simple. Simply take a pen and a paper write the program coordinator, tell him you are interested in sponsoring a child or children. State the amount you want to be donating for your children or child and state duration.
In selecting a child or children, please don't forget to quote the children or child code number(s). For this is very important. Example: Code No. AM - 001. If you want to know the name of the child, please indicate that while writing and then we will send the name from the code. Example: AM means. Andrew Massaquoi.
CMFO DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES
Since the inception of the Christian Mission Foster Homes for Orphans (CMFO), we have started at grassroots level the following programmes.
1. Sponsorship of war - affected children in foster since 1999 up to date (1999 to 2002)
2. Carpentry, Tailoring and Bakery development, Training
programs for youths (school drop - out & child ex - combatants) (started from 2000 to 2002)
3. Children as agents of change - To foster peace and reconciliation (stated 2000 to 2002)
4. GOSPEL FILM- MINISTRY - The Great Commission Movement (started 1999 to 2002)
1. To construct an Orphanage Institution Center that will house fifty (50) children with a vocational training school complex and a small clinic facility.
2. a. A minibus is
needed to transport the children to school and back home and for recreational
q Celebrating the day of the African Child (16th June)
q Awards to children for excellence and neatness (10th September)
q Thanksgiving Service (5th April)
We organise children day Camp (once every year)
12 F City Road
We offer free web space to all Orphanages
Please visit the Home Page of The Orphanages