GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:(Widows)
1. To support the widows morally, physically, psychologically.
2. To alleviate widows from poverty to sustainable life of comfort.
3. To motivate widows for self-reliance and be self-sustainable.
4. To support and uplift the HIV/AIDS affected to good health.
5. To create awareness on HIV/AIDS prevention.
1. Enhance the economic status of widows by various
skill acquisition in farming in crops and animals e.g poultry, sheep
and goats, fashion designing, trading in farm products, cookery, crafts,
2. Counselling sessions to encourage and uplift the heartbroken and
support the bereaved, physically and spiritually.
3. Visit and assist the medically sick to good health.
4. The HIV/AIDS patients and people living with HIV/AIDS are visited,
and supported to live a comfortable life. .........................................................................................................................
5.We run conferences and seminers annually for advocacy on
the plight of widows and orphans.
METHODOLOGY OF ACHIEVING ACTIVITIES ABOVE (Widows).
Economic Empowerment: Through assisted farming in
crops and animal rearing.
i) Animal Blessing Project: The
project encourages the widows to help each other to improve their
lives by agreeing that the ministry gives a gift of pregnant selected
bred animal (sheep or goat) to one family for reproductive purposes,
that family will give away to another family one of the offspring
(pregnant) to be raised to the reproductive stage. Then the second
family, will do same to third family and so on.
Like a stone dropped into a pool of deep water, this gift ripples
out for years to come, ending poverty, hunger and despair for widows
and orphans in the community and perhaps in some way the entire country.
A gift of pregnant sheep or goat costs – 120 US dollars
ib) Poultry: Rearing of chicken
to point of laying eggs from day old chicks. Then giving to each widow
ten (10) pullets to start laying eggs which will be sold and the proceeds
used to supplement herself and children economically.
This gift to the widow is free from our ministry through your support
to the Animal Blessing Project.
A gift of ten pullets at point of producing eggs and one (50kg)
bag of layer feed for a start costs – 150 US dollars.
ii) Other Vocational Skills: Such
as trading in Farm products, Cookery, Fashion designing, Crafts making
etc. trainings are carried out periodically, At the end of each training,
widows will be assisted with working tools and machines. There are
encouraging responses, when the widows are encouraged to work for
their own sustenance.